In the event of an emergency during our normal opening hours please call our surgery on 01663 732692 and you will be advised what to do next.
Out of hours emergency
If your call is during the night or at the weekend whilst our clinic is closed, please contact Vets Now on 01663 732692.
Vets Now is our preferred emergency services partner. They are a dedicated emergency service with full-time night staff who will be alert and effective even at unsociable hours. Their qualified vets and nurses have a special interest, experience and training in all aspects of urgent critical care. Their support allows our vets to be fully refreshed for the day shift.
Vets Now are based in Macclesfield:
38 Cumberland Street
Telephone: 01663 732692
For directions please visit the Vets Now Macclesfield website.
These are some of the conditions where you should consult your vet out of hours:
- Large wounds or continuous bleeding.
- Road traffic accidents – falls or accidents or if you suspect a broken bone.
- Repeated vomiting for over 48-hours – especially in very old or young animals.
- Severe or bloody diarrhoea for over 48-hours.
- If you suspect your animal has swallowed a foreign object or something poisonous (for example antifreeze, slug pellets, rat poison, chocolate or human medications).
- Breathing difficulties – especially cats that are open-mouth breathing.
- Complications in pregnancy or giving birth.
- Animals that are unable to pass urine.
- A bloated stomach or unproductive retching.
- Collapsed animals.
- Eye injuries.
This is not a comprehensive list. If you are in any doubt then ring the surgery number for advice on 01663 732692.
- Healthy Pet Club members do not receive 10% off any of Vets Now products or services.
- An out-of-hours consultation fee payable at the time of consultation will be charged. Please ask when you call for the current fee.