We are unique in the local area in that we provide our own out of hours services for farm animals.
Our own vets cover all the out of hours calls at Knox & Devlin. Should you require a vet for an emergency out of working hours then ring the practice on:
- Telephone: 01663 732692
You will go you through to a dedicated answering service that will take your details and pass them on to the duty vet. The vet will then ring you back as soon as possible and offer advice or arrange examination of your animal.
By using an answering service we avoid problems in contacting vets due to lack of network coverage.
By covering our own out of hours we hope to ensure better continuity of care.
These are some of the conditions where you should consult your vet out of hours:
- Large wounds or continuous bleeding.
- Road traffic accidents – falls or accidents or if you suspect a broken bone.
- Repeated vomiting for over 48-hours – especially in very old or young animals.
- Severe or bloody diarrhoea for over 48-hours.
- If you suspect your animal has swallowed a foreign object or something poisonous (for example antifreeze, slug pellets, rat poison, chocolate or human medications).
- Breathing difficulties – especially cats that are open-mouth breathing.
- Complications in pregnancy or giving birth.
- Animals that are unable to pass urine.
- A bloated stomach or unproductive retching.
- Collapsed animals.
- Eye injuries.
This is not a comprehensive list. If you are in any doubt then ring the surgery number for advice on 01663 732692.